I think we would need to consider the following when building the digital story:
- Strong awareness of audience in the design.
- Clearly explain why the vocabulary, audio and graphics chosen fit the target audience.
- Use the pace (rhythm and voice punctuation) that fits the story line and helps the audience really “get into” the story.
- Use images to create a distinct atmosphere or tone that matches different parts of the story. The images may communicate symbolism and/or metaphors.
- Tell the story with exactly the right amount of detail throughout.
- Ensure it does not seem too short nor too long.
Digital storytelling is one way for students and teachers to share their knowledge.