Suzanne posted this on our school forum and it was worth sharing.
I think there is a significant impact on learning that needs to be understood by educators:
1. be a role model for students; show them why learning the materials will lead to success
2. engage the students to allow them to become excited about their learning
3. provide small, achievable challenges to allow for ‘aha’ moments to be obtained
4. incrementally increase challenges for continued ‘aha’ moments and further development of skills and learning
5. apprenticeship and ‘on the job’ training allows for great opportunities for observation and incorporation of skills to further advance learning and sense of achievement.
To compliment this I recommend reading this article on What is Social Learning Theory?