In our current forum we are discussing Gamification. This topic got me thinking about game music and how that effects learning.
The music helps you focus more and encourages you to play better and keeps you engaged.
Music is designed not to jump in your face, but still keep your brain engaged at a lower, subconscious level.
Like the original ambient music, much of it is designed to relax the mind and allow it to roam, while providing just enough stimulation to register as inspiration.
Music helps us learn because it will–
- establish a positive learning state
- create a desired atmosphere
- build a sense of anticipation
- energize learning activities
- change brain wave states
- focus concentration
- increase attention
- improve memory
- facilitate a multisensory learning experience
- release tension
- enhance imagination
- align groups
- develop rapport
- provide inspiration and motivation
- add an element of fun
- accentuate theme-oriented units